Bekroond met de Choc de Classica, Diapason d'Or, Preis der Deutschen Schallplattenkritik en Edison Klassiek (2013).
Cappella Amsterdam o.l.v. Daniel Reuss
Radio Blazers Ensemble (Říkadla)
Thomas Walker, tenor
Philip Mayers, piano
Opgenomen in november 2010 in de Waalse Kerk in Amsterdam.
Uitgebracht door harmonia mundi (www.harmoniamundi.com).
De cd is uitverkocht in onze webshop, maar nog wel via iTunes te koop.
Janáček's choral works draw on an extremely rich repertoire of folksongs and folk tales. The composer seized on idioms from Bohemian and Moravian traditions, with their characteristic folk dances and rustic nursery rhymes, and to the recently published Moravian Duets of his compatriot Antonín Dvořák, to convey a mixture of emotions, forever shifting between cheerfulness and melancholy, like his subdued harmonies. Here we witness the birth of a musical language which, though deliberately rooted in central Europe, has projected for nearly a century the aura of a universal sentiment.
‘Harmonisch en scherp.’
- NRC Handelsblad, 19/01/2012
- De Stentor, 8 november 2011
‘Lenige timing en lentefris geluid.’
- De Volkskrant, 11/01/2012
Beluister fragmenten van deze cd
4. Parting without sorrow
9. Elegy on the death of my daughter Olga
11. The beetrood got married
12. There's nothing better than springtime
14. Karel rode off to hell
16. Franta, the knackers son
18. I preach, I preach a sermon
19. The old woman was casting spells
20. Ho, ho, off do the cows
22. Granny's crawled into the elder bush
23. The white goat's picking up the pears
24. Grumpy German broke the pots
25. Nanny Goat's Lying in the Hay
26. Vaek, the rascal, the drummer boy
28. The bear sat on a log